Massey Hesston 2250 Large Square Baler
|Bale Size – HxW: in (mm)||Plunger||Pickup Working Width: in (mm)||Suggested PTO HP (no cutter)|
|31.5 x 34.4 (875 x 880)||47 strokes/min||89 (2260)||150|
- The flywheel slip clutch features five discs for drive protection.
- 89″ low-profile pick-up with upper and lower feeding augers for smooth crop flow into the pre-compression chamber.
- All Hesston 2200 series models feature on-board hydraulics for easier hook-up. The system also eliminates the variables in the tractor hydraulic systems that can affect baler performance.
- All baler models feature a high-capacity double reduction gearbox specifically designed for that model.
- Compression spring OptiFlow™ pickup suspension provides smooth flotation over all types of terrain.
- Hydraulic brakes are available as an option on both single and tandem axles.
- Simple, reliable low-maintenance chain drives ensure proper timing and simplify maintenance.
- True bale density is measured through load cells on the plunger connecting rods rather than gearbox deflection, providing operators with right and left driving arrows.
- Pre-compression flake chamber makes an equally dense, full shape to form even, rectangular bales.
- A hydraulically driven, transverseimpeller knotter fan, powered by the on-board hydraulic system, helps keep the knotters free of debris, even in residue crops.
- Needle brushes are standard on all four models to clean the needles before they enter the knotter area.
- The twine boxes on all models hold 30 balls of twine at a 30-degree angle for easier loading and increased capacity.
- Side panels are sealed to reduce trash build-up while a mesh screen over the twine box prevents twine from unspooling.
- The 2200 series maximizes capacity by actively pulling crop from the pick-up and positively feeding it into the pre-compression chamber.
- Our Packer Cutter is a hybrid of our Hesston 2250 Packer and full rotary cutter systems, featuring a three-row packer that actively pulls the crop across six spring-loaded stationary knives. It’s highly efficient and offers added flexibility in dealing with varying crop and conditions.
- To help deliver rock solid, well-formed bales and uniform density, the 2270XD and 2290 feature the OptiForm™ bale chamber that is 16″ in length, longer than the standard chamber.
- Tandem axles are offered on all 2200 series models for improved flotation and increased field speed.
- The rear axle automatically steers to reduce field scalping and can be locked while roading. Both axles feature independent leaf springs for a more responsive ride and reduced pickup bounce.
800-300-8389 Toll Free
Contact Us / Get A Quote
The 3 x 3 bales produced by the Hesston 2250 make this model ideal for livestock and dairy operators who want a high-capacity machine, but prefer a smaller bale that’s easier to handle.
Leading, Fair And Square
When Hesston introduced the first large square baler in 1978, it quickly became a preferred solution for cattle, dairy, and long distance transport. Now the industry’s leading baler brand brings you the 2200 Series – the most reliable, productive balers ever built.
The 2200 Series Large Square Balers are building on the advances of our popular 2100 Series and taking the technology even further and now include a ProCut Rotary Cutter option for a more precise cut with higher capacity, and simplified serviceability.
Pick-Up And Go
The 2200’s wide, low profile design delivers superior pick-up – and with hydraulic pickup lift and gauge wheels, this baler can clear most obstacles.
Flaky Is Good
To ensure dense & consistent bales, this simple, innovative design pre-forms each flake in a pre-compression chamber before moving it to the plunger.